Friday, December 31, 2010

Ring in the New Year: Amrapali, Angelina and me

It’s new years’ eve, I had a most fabulous 2010 and what more can a girl ask for to finish off a wonderful year but a new bestie from her bestie.  Yep, after 22 years together someone finally bought me a diamond. J
Today we went to Khan market.  It’s sort of like the Toorak of Delhi from what I gather (for non-Melbournites, that’s the posh end of town).  I had long lusted after a polki set something-or-other, except that I didn’t know that that’s what they were called.  I only knew them as those lovely enamelled 22k gold pieces of jewellery with big chunks of uncut stone in them.  I had read that Amrapali jewellers sold some fine pieces, so off we went.  Not much more to say really, will follow with a photo, but I spent about four hours in that jewellery heaven choosing it, it being a large uncut diamond in a brushed gold ring with very very dark blue enamelling. Amrapali has photos on the walls of Angelina Jolie, J.Lo and others wearing their jewellery so now I know I’m in good company and will look every bit as beautiful.
2010 was a very good year.
More about polki's here: http://www.blsmartbuy.com/?p=3963

No comments:

Post a Comment